Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cough. Hack. Sneeze.

Our first house-wide cold attack came two days ago. I should say that one out of the three of us started getting sick two days ago...and that "one" was Sprout. Here's where things get kind of funny. All babies, it seems, develop the ability to "fake cough". Whether they do it just to grasp for our attention, or whether they are discovering the ability to make new noises that emulate our own, it doesn't matter. It is super cute, and almost always triggers the response: "Oh, you're so sick!" Whoops.

Sprout was coughing, and making this other odd noise that sounded remotely like she was trying to blow snot out of her nose whilst humming a delightfully happy tune, and I was simply making fun of her! Meanwhile, her throat was probably burning like crazy (like mine was the next morning), and her nose getting stuffier by the second.

I awoke the next morning with an awful itchy, burning sensation at the back of my throat and nose. As the day progressed, I began coughing. Sprout continued her cough, and I felt like a terrible mother for teasing her the day before.

Short blog today, because I am stuck between feeling feverish, and feeling like I might just vomit if I cough one more time. Moral of the story - how the heck are we supposed to know as parents if our children are actually sick when it's something as mild as a cough and/or cold?! Beats the heck out of me!

*Hack* *Cough* *Sneeze*

Sorry, Sprout.

xoxoxo
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment