Thursday, September 2, 2010

Elephant Ears...mmm...


I've been having a really difficult time rifling through my brain-files for an "E" topic to write about. For the past couple of weeks, I have been unendingly busy with work - both my massage therapy job and my home-based Little Sprout Designs. I don't want to complain, because I am so grateful that I have so many supportive clients and customers for both ventures, but I am flat-out exhausted. Hey! There's one!

E is for Exhaustion

Boy, do I know about exhaustion. I strive to live my life every day as though it will be my last. Sometimes, I am really not very good at that - I have a tendency to let the small things bother me, and let myself get worked up about stuff that doesn't really matter, in the grand scheme of life. Lately, I have been so stressed out about absolutely everything that I allowed myself to get run down, and have ended up with a wicked cough & cold. That, in itself, makes everything more difficult. Imagine going for a massage appointment - supposed to be relaxing, right? - and having a therapist who is coughing and sniffling through your entire treatment. I can't afford to take time off of work, but #1: I feel horrible, and #2: Who wants to be massaged by someone hacking and sneezing and sniffling the whole time?

Whine, whine, whine. I know, right? Maybe I should call this the Whiny Mom Blog. Either way, I have been having a rough time lately, but on the up side of things - business has been very fruitful. I am really looking forward to the BIG craft show in November (see: www.weestock.ca for more info) now, and starting to stockpile all of my items! Seeing as how this might be one of the last semi-nice sunny days, I think I will take my little Sprout outside for some product photo-ops! Nothing could be cuter than a little girl in a pretty pink tutu on the still partially-green grass in the sunshine!! Ah, but I digress.

We will be going away this weekend to visit the in-laws down in Southern Alberta, which makes for a bit of a break from all the hustle and bustle. Sure, it's work to get everything packed up for a 9.5 month old, us, and a dog, but once we get there, it's quiet and relaxing. If I won the lottery, I would build a big house somewhere in the Coulees and wake up every day to the giant Alberta sky and the mountains. I'll be confiscating my mother-in-law's digital SLR to take some photos this weekend - stay tuned for the next blog..."F" could be for a number of things (ha ha), but it will probably have something to do with "Farm". Off to the cows we go, Sprout. Pack up your gumboots and leave your frilly tutus at home.

xoxoxo
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment